There are a range of features that help make this site accessible including:
- The navigation is consistent throughout the website so that users know exactly how to find what they are looking for.
- The colours have been chosen so they provide a reasonable contrast for all users to read the pages easily
- Font sizes are scalable which means users can increase the size of the text on a page if required using their browser settings
- All text links are written so that they make sense when read out of context
- PDF files can be read using Adobe Reader software. To find out about accessible pdfs visit Access Adobe. For more help with Acrobat files generally and a link to download Acrobat Reader visit the Adobe website.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) are the common standards followed on accessible websites. This website aims to conform to level AA of the WCAG v2.0.